Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

May 10, 2015

6 Generations of Mothers and a Matrilineal DNA Line


Here are 6 direct line females, mother to daughter - my matrilineal MtDNA line. From left to right:

My 2nd great grandmother, Sarah (Elvery) Stead
Sarah Stead's daughter, my great grandmother Sarah (Stead) Simpson
Sarah Simpson's daughter my grandmother Ruth (Simpson) Bates
Ruth Bates' daughter, my mother Joan McGinnis
Your truly
My daughter Judy

Have you ordered your Ancestry DNA Kit yet? Why not get one today on Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

Wonderful that you have such a nice collection of photographs.

Anonymous said...

I did a 6-generation matrilineal collage for my mom for Mother's Day. Like yours, it goes back to my 2nd-great-grandmother, and ends with my daughter. The interesting thing is that each daughter was a firstborn only daughter (3 generations, an only child). I know the sex of a child is determined by the father, but I think it would be cool if my daughter would keep up this trend and have a firstborn girl (when she has a baby).