Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

December 4, 2014

Throw Back Thursday: My Dad

It's Throw Back Thursday, a day when many genealogists and bloggers post photos from earlier years.

Throw Back Thursday: My Dad
I love this photo of my dad, Cecil McGinnis, taken ca 1918 when he was just 2 years old. It's the only photo I've ever seen of him before his marriage to my mother.

You can see that I cropped it from a larger group photo. Today I opened it in Picasa and created what is called a Museum Matte to surround it and make it look like it is behind glass.

The original large group photo and the original cropped photo remain untouched - no changes were made to them. It's a good idea when playing with old photos to always make a copy and never alter the original.

I miss my dad. He died Christmas Day when I was just barely 14 years old. He was just 47 years old

Here's to you dad, you were taken from us at far too young an age.


2 comments:

Peg said...

Another thing you can do is get an oval mat to minimize the people around him.

Dana Leeds said...

What a lovely photo!