|Echo Smart Pen|
I've been looking at them for over a year and finally took the plunge to buy one last month.
The Echo Smart Pen allows me to record anything I want from my pen to special notebooks, and then transfer the recordings to my computer.
I can also visit my 88 year old auntie and have her reminisce about the past while my pen is recording and I make quick jot notes in the special notebooks.
The notebooks have controls at the bottom of the pages. You press on Start with your pen to begin recording and Stop when you are done. There are other controls - pause, rewind, scroll ahead for example. You can fast forward and do other functions directly in the notebook.
The jot notes are great because while you are recording the person, you make point form or jot notes. Then you can touch your pen to any point in your jot notes to replay just that portion of the recording.
I bought a set of 4 notebooks and my SmartPen came with one so I'm pretty set for recording family histories. For a limited time a purchase of the 8GB SmartPen also includes a one year premium subscription to Evernote I already use the free version daily so I'm a happy camper)
Next week I will be visiting my auntie to start recording her memories. I'm really excited!
Here's what came in the box:
- The Echo smartpen with 8GB of memory
- Livescribe Connect Premium: Includes Connect Basic (Facebook, Evernote, MyLivescribe, your mobile device, and your computer) plus additional connectors for Email and Google Docs
- Livescribe Desktop software for Mac or Windows (download)
- 500 MB of personal online storage
- Starter dot paper notebook
- Micro USB Cable
- Interactive Getting Started Guide
- Smartpen Tips and Tricks
- 2 smartpen caps
- 2 ink cartridges