Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

May 6, 2011

11 Essential Genealogy Blogs - Yep, Olive Tree Genealogy chosen as one!

Recently I learned that Olive Tree Genealogy blog had been chosen as one of "11 Essential Genealogy Blogs" on Indian Country Today Media Network  

It's always great to be mentioned but to be put in such amazing company is fantastic! Indian Country Today Media Network explained how they arrived at their list of eleven essential genealogy blogs. According to the website, they consulted

"Family Tree magazine’s Fab 40 and 40 Best Genealogy Blogs 2011, and ProGenealogists’ 25 Most Popular Genealogy Blogs 2009—and came up with our own shortlist of essential reads."

And there I am - one of three listed as "The Pros"  Keeping me company are About.Com Genealogy Blog and Genealogy Insider at Family Tree Magazine. Wow. Those are huge in the genealogy community! 


So have a look at the other ten essential genealogy blogs and read what the site had to say about each of us. Then take a few minutes to read any that are new to you.... you won't be sorry. There's some terrific reading there.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! I didn't even see that one! I would say that I am the one in good company :) I love your blog, Lorine!

Olive Tree Genealogy said...

Thanks Kimberly! About.com is outstanding. The link to it and to FT didn't come through in my post so hoping it comes through here.

PalmsRV said...

Your blog has been essential to me in trying to navigate land records in Canada! A well-deserved recognition.

The Grandmother Here said...

Lorine, You put a LOT of time and effort into your blog and other genealogical pursuits. You are incredibly savvy about technological things too. It's no surprise to me that you are essential!

Michelle Goodrum said...

Congrats! I love your blog and you are in good company.

my Heritage Happens said...

Awesome! Congrats to you!

Kathleen Brandt, Professional Genealogist said...

Congrats to a fantastic blog!