April 17, 2011

Sharing Memories (Week 16 of 52): First Kiss!

It's Week 16 of our Sharing Memories - A Genealogy Journey Follow along each Sunday as we write and share our memories of childhood. Your descendants will be thankful that you did! Write here as a comment, or on your own blog, or in a private journal, but please write!

Do you remember your first kiss? How old were you? Who did you kiss? Where were you and was it sweet, romantic, passionate or .... unremarkable!

I vividly recall my first kiss. I was either 13 or 14 and it was during a hay ride (remember those fun times?) for my horseback riding group. There was a young guy I had a bit of a crush on and we snuggled during the ride. I was in heaven! Finally - the kiss. I was so nervous that I burped as our lips met! Talk about being mortified and wishing the earth would swallow me up.

It was an uneventful evening other than the burp-kiss which I'm sure had quite a bit to do with him ignoring me after that night. What about you? What are your memories of that special moment?

No comments: