August 8, 2010

Sharing Memories (Week 36): Favorite Music

This is week 36 of our Sharing Memories Genealogy Journal writing. Please join me either privately in your own journal, here as a comment or in your own blog. If you are just joining us you might want to click on Sharing Memories in the list of topics on the right side bar of this blog.

One of the things your descendants will be curious about is what music you or your parents listened to. I'd love to know what my grandmother's favorite music or song was!

We didn't have a TV and I don't remember a radio or record player until I was about 9 or 10. My parents played LPs 33rpm. Remember those? Remember how carefully they had to place the needle so it would start at the beginning and not skip? Remember how you couldn't jump around or the needle would shriek across the record?

I remember my dad playing Irish songs like O Danny Boy, Musicals such as South Pacific and George Forman. What do you remember?

No comments: