Volume VI and VII of the ten volume set of Rensselaer County Marriages with their 8,014 names, has now been added to the Troy Irish Genealogy website.
You can view these marriage records by going to the Troy Irish Genealogy website and clicking on TIGS PROJECTS. These records and are not restricted to Irish surnames.
The index provides the name of both bride and groom, as well as the date of marriage. Easy instructions are provided for ordering the full marriage certificate from the Rensselaer County Clerk's Office. The full record provides
1. Name, address, occupation, age, and place of birth of bride and groom.
2. If marriage for each is first, or second. If second, was first ended by death or divorce and when.
3. Names of parents of bride and groom, including maiden name of females, and country/state of birth.
4. Names of witnesses to wedding.
5. Date and place of wedding and name of clergyman, minister, rabbi, etc.
6. Race of bride and groom.