Discover your inside story with AncestryDNA®

August 10, 2008

BFF (Blogging Friends Forever) Award

Kathryn Hogan of Looking4Ancestors just passed me the BFF (Blogging Friends Forever) Award.

The rules of passing this award on are:

* Only 5 people are allowed to receive this award
* 4 of them followers of your blog.
* One has to be new to your blog and live in another part of the world.
* You must link back to who ever gave you the award.

The BFF Award is a cool idea, it's an interesting variation on the TAG game played last year amongst genealogy bloggers. In that TAG, you had to write about 5 things that were not generally known about you.

The problem I have with the rules of this Award is figuring out who is new to my blog and where they live. So I figure I'll bend the rules slightly and find someone whose blog is new to me. With the new surge of Genealogy Bloggers coming on to Facebook and joining Genea-Bloggers Group, that part will be easy.

There are so many terrific new (and old!) blogs out there and I just haven't had the time to read them all. Two that recently came to my attention is Janet Hovorka's The Chart Chick and M. Diane Roger's CanadaGenealogy, or,'Jane's Your Aunt'. So I'm passing on this BFF Award to Janet & M. Diane as two of my five.

After much deliberation (and because it's difficult to find someone who hasn't already received the BFF Award!) I'm passing on one of the three remaining to Thomas MacEntee's Cooking Blog And I Helped! Thomas already has a BFF for his genealogy blog and I really enjoy his writing and his recipes on his Cooking Blog.

With two more to go, I decided to pass the BFF Award on to my friends Illya D'Addezio of GenealogyToday.com for his Genealogy News Center and Kathi Reid of Ancestor Search

Keep on Blogging!

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Hi,
I was wondering where the gold BFF award had originated. The rules sound needlessly complicated.
You have a very nice Blog. I enjoy family genealogy also and just happened on your site.
Happy Researching!
Pamela
Patterson, GA USA